Thank you for your interest in HopeWay!
HopeWay is a voluntary, unlocked facility. Applicants must be willing and able to participate in all treatment activities. HopeWay welcomes self and family referrals, as well as referrals from mental health organizations, providers, hospitals, and/or the community.
To start the admissions process, please contact us at
Criteria for Admission
Applicants seeking admission to HopeWay must be 18 years of age or older, and have a primary mental diagnosis including, but not limited to:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
- Primary Mental Health Diagnosis with a Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorder
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Complex Co-Occurring Disorders
Applicants seeking admission to HopeWay will not be admitted if the following are present:
- Acute medical needs that cannot be managed outside of a hospital setting;
- The need for psychiatric hospitalization due to having active suicidal or homicidal ideation or behavior(s);
- Individual is under a criminal court order for treatment;
- Individual has a history of recent or ongoing violent behavior towards oneself, others or property;
- Individual is in need of a forensic treatment setting;
- Individual has a history of sexually perpetrating others or is a registered sexual offender;
- Individual is not their own guardian;
- Predominate diagnosis: substance use disorder, intellectual disability, eating disorder requiring medical attention, and/or antisocial personality disorder.
- Call the Admissions Department at 1-888-859-2106. A brief screening will be completed to ensure that we are a good fit. Once both parties decide to move forward...
- Paperwork (New Client Admissions Form and Insurance Verification Form) is sent via email, or can be accessed on this page. See below for instructions on where to submit completed documents.
- Check out of network benefits. This includes a conversation with the HopeWay finance department.
- Biopsychosocial assessment (over the phone or in person).
- Psychiatric consultation with a HopeWay doctor (in person). This can be completed on the same day as you enter the program.
The admissions timeline varies, based on each individual's circumstances. To expedite the process, please return calls, emails, and forms promptly. To meet the admissions team, click HERE. We look forward to working with you!
Submitting Completed Forms
Once you complete the New Client Admission Form and the Insurance Verification Form, you can either:
Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax them to 980-859-2147
- Bring them in person to:
1717 Sharon Road West
Charlotte, NC 28210
– whichever option works best for you!
We are currently working with several insurance carriers to be in network. Nevertheless, at this time, we are out of network and will work with your insurance company to achieve preauthorization for services and payment for all levels of care. Please call the Admissions Team - they can discuss this with you further and work with the Finance Department to make the cost of treatment work within your budget. Lastly, Medicaid and Medicare do not cover residential treatment for adults and thus, not in place here at HopeWay.