Thank you for your interest in HopeWay!
HopeWay is a voluntary, unlocked facility. Applicants must be willing and able to participate in all treatment activities. We welcome self and family referrals, as well as referrals from mental health organizations, providers, hospitals, and/or the community.
To start the admissions process, please contact us at 1‑888‑859‑2106 or click on the "Inquiry Form" button below.
Criteria for Admission
Applicants seeking admission to HopeWay must be 18 years of age or older, and have a primary mental diagnosis including, but not limited to:
- Depressive Disorders
- Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders with a Primary Psychiatric Diagnosis
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Complex Co-Occurring Disorders
- Call the Admissions Department at 1-844-HOPEWAY.
- Our Admission Specialists will provide general information about our programs and gather initial information to determine if we may be an appropriate match to effectively meet your needs.
- We will provide you with forms to complete that allow us to check insurance benefits and link you to one of our Client Support Specialists who can answer any questions you may have regarding the financial aspects of service.
- Once you complete the Insurance Verification Form and copy both sides of your insurance card, you can submit documents to us. See instructions on the right, where to submit documents.
- Your Admission Specialist will then schedule and complete a biopsychosocial assessment to gather additional clinical information. This can be done in-person or via the phone.
- Lastly, one of our psychiatrists will complete an in-person psychiatric consultation and work with the client and family to finalize their decision about entering one of our programs. Those entering the Residential program typically start immediately following the psychiatric consultation, while those entering one of the day programs typically start the following treatment day.
The speed of the admission process varies based on individual circumstances, but all efforts are made to have this process be smooth, efficient, and ensure that HopeWay is the best facility to meet each person's needs. To meet the admissions team, click HERE.
We look forward to working with you!
HopeWay is in-network with Magellan and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (and its affiliates). In addition, we are working with additional carriers to be in-network. Regardless of your insurance provider, we will strive to receive pre-authorization for services and reimbursement for all levels of care from your insurance company. We also have a financial aid program for qualifying private pay clients.
Please call HopeWay and our Client Support Specialists will discuss insurance benefit information and the financial aspects of our programs with you. Lastly, HopeWay is not a Medicaid or Medicare contracted provider.
Applicants seeking admission to HopeWay will not be admitted if the following are present:
- The need for acute inpatient psychiatric hospitalization;
- The individual has a history of recent or ongoing violent behavior towards oneself, others or property;
- The individual is in need of a forensic treatment setting;
- The individual has a history of sexually perpetrating others or is a registered sexual offender;
- The individual has a medical condition that cannot be adequately treated in our setting.
- The individual has a primary Substance Use Disorder.
Submitting Completed Forms
Once you complete the Insurance Verification Form and copy or scan both sides of your insurance card, you can either:
Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax them to 980-859-2147
- Bring them in person to:
1717 Sharon Road West
Charlotte, NC 28210